We were unable to send the article.
As consumers rushed to buy necessities and stock up on medication for the weeks of expected general isolation over the coronavirus outbreak, Arkansans were also stocking up on medical marijuana, a sales surge suggests.
Arkansas’ 20th medical marijuana dispensary has opened in Alexander, and the state has cleared another outlet for opening in Sherwood, according to state officials, who reported that legal cannabis sales in the state have topped the $50 million retail milestone.
“Following a significant increase in sales beginning mid-last week, overall sales surpassed $50 million over the weekend,” said Scott Hardin, spokesman for the Arkansas Department of Finance & Administration, which oversees the medical cannabis industry through its Alcoholic Beverage Control Division.
Natural State Medical Group, led by Zada and Dr. James Adametz, opened its dispensary in Alexander under the brand Custom Cannabis on Thursday, and the state has approved the opening of Natural Relief Dispensary in Sherwood. It is owned by CEO Brian Faught.
“Since the first dispensary opened in May 2019, patients have spent $50.7 million on 7,932 pounds of medical marijuana,” Hardin said. Twenty dispensaries are now in operation, with 13 yet to open.
Hardin provided an update on total sales by individual dispensaries. The dispensaries, their opening dates, and total cannabis sales through March 15:
- Suite 443 in Hot Springs, May 10, 401.89 pounds.
- Green Springs Medical in Hot Springs, May 12, 1,694 pounds.
- Arkansas Natural Products in Clinton, June 20, 273.73 pounds.
- Greenlight Dispensary in Helena, June 27, 288.6 pounds.
- Native Green Wellness in Hensley, July 2, 726.61 pounds.
- Fiddler’s Green in Mountain View, July 11, 635.77 pounds.
- Releaf Center in Bentonville, Aug. 7, 827.05 pounds.
- The Source in Bentonville, Aug. 15, 721.11 pounds.
- Acanza in Fayetteville, Sept. 14, 727.64 pounds.
- Harvest in Conway, Oct. 11, 607.6 pounds.
- Purspirit Cannabis in Fayetteville, Nov. 20, 245.65 pounds.
- NEA Full Spectrum in Brookland, Dec. 9, 260.56 pounds.
- 420 Dispensary in Russellville, Dec. 17, 98.84 pounds.
- Fort Cannabis in Fort Smith, Dec. 18, 217.14 pounds.
- Red River Remedy in Texarkana, Jan. 10, 41.88 pounds.
- Bloom Medicinals in Texarkana, Jan. 15, 11.65 pounds.
- Plant Family Therapeutics in Mountain Home, Feb. 3, 104.37 pounds.
- Harvest House of Cannabis in Little Rock, Feb. 14, 33.18 pounds.
- Herbology in Little Rock, Feb. 26, 12.76 pounds.
- Custom Cannabis in Alexander, March 5, 2.55 pounds.