Auckland tenant sublet flat to friend, whose cannabis-growing op sparked a firePosted by On

A south Auckland landlord discovered their house was being sublet after a fire sparked by a cannabis growing operation.

Flat Bush tenant Hiep Tuan Luu sublet the house to a friend from Vietnam. He said he did not know cannabis was being grown or that the subtenants were involved with drugs.

A fire in a bedroom at the end of November 2019 revealed the house had been set up to grow cannabis.

The fire occurred as someone had connected to the electricity supply before the meter and bypassed the circuit board, causing the wiring to become overloaded, a Fire and Emergency NZ report said.

READ MORE:
* Tenant left house with bags of human waste on carpet, maggots in oven
* Tenant must pay $29k for damage and methamphetamine clean-up
* Bond refund ordered after council says house unfit for tenants to live in

Two rooms were being used for the operation, which included apparatus for lighting and ventilation.

A fire at a Flat Bush rental was sparked by a cannabis growing operation, leaving parts of the house extensively damaged.

Google Maps/Supplied

A fire at a Flat Bush rental was sparked by a cannabis growing…

Original Author Link click here to read complete story..

News

AucklandCannabisgrowingfireflatfriendSparkedsublettenant

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.