WESTFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Cannabis Connection of Westfield continues its job fair on Sunday for those seeking employment.
The dispensary will be hiring 40 to 50 people over the coming weeks, but couldn’t sign anybody Saturday. They hope to get their official license to operate Thursday, which will kick off the hiring process.
Cannabis Connection CEO Tom Keenan told 22News, “People are excited for it to come. I think the government and politicians like the idea of more money coming in from the host community agreement and taxes. I think it’s a win, win, win for everybody.”
Cannabis Connection is targeting a January grand opening. Keenan says they aim to be everyone’s connection to the cannabis products and brands they love.
According to the Cannabis Connection of Westfield, the job fair will be held from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The company will be interviewing for the following positions:
- Associate (Budtender) – Responsible for providing the highest level of friendly, knowledgeable, and compassionate customer service to customers.
- Retail Floor Lead – Provides leadership and support to the Associates by providing coverage on the floor during high volume times, assisting with opening registers and managing cash flow, and resolving menu issues.
- Retail Assistant Manager – Responsible for assisting the Retail Manager with the daily procedures of the retail establishment including cash handling, opening, and closing procedures, ensuring adherence to company brand standards, and compiling sales analytics.
- Retail Manager – Responsible for managing the daily operations of the dispensary, including maintaining compliance with company policies and procedures, compliance with state licensing requirements related to retail, and supervision of retail staff.
- Inventory Control Specialist – Responsible for managing the receipt and transfer of cannabis products in and out of the vault, whether through internal or external transfers. In addition, this person manages the internal audit process by tracking, investigating, and resolving variances.
- Asset Protection (Security) – Responsible for facility security during their assigned shift and must perform their duties in compliance with MA regulations. This is a non-armed position.
All applicants must be 21+ and have a valid ID.