Cannabis edibles leading children to the ER, warns QEH doctorPosted by On

An emergency room doctor at Charlottetown’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital is warning parents about the dangers of cannabis gummies and chocolates, and is calling for stricter regulations to keep them out of the hands of children. 

Dr. Aaron Sibley says since the legalization of cannabis edibles last December, several young children have shown up at the ER, after accidentally ingesting the products. 

“Children, they love candy. And we’ve seen multiple examples of children trying to get into cupboards, mistaking various products for candy, and ingesting it,” said Sibley, who took to Twitter this week to share his concerns. 

“We do know that children can have more severe and more prolonged reactions to ingestion of these drugs. And that’s a concern for us.”

Sibley says in one recent case, a child “was actually quite sick” and had to be admitted to hospital. 

‘Becoming much more common’

It’s an issue the Canadian Paediatric Society (CPS) has flagged as well.

The society…

Original Author Link click here to read complete story..



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.