With the legalization of cannabis, CBD products have become increasingly popular in recent years. CBD is naturally non-psychoactive and will not make you high, or stoned. It will however make you feel more relaxed which some people mistaken as being “high”.
Today many cannabis plants are bred for high CBD content entirely – these plants are known as ‘hemp’ – and only contain trace amounts of THC usually below 0.3%. This combination of high CBD with very low amounts of THC is what makes the products derived from hemp plants non-psychoactive. It is the THC that provides the high associated with cannabis not the CBD.
THC CBD Receptors
The human brain has two different types of cannabinoid receptors: CB1 and CB2. THC bonds the strongest to CB1 receptors, which are found in:
- Nerve cells in the brain
- Spinal cords
- Reproductive organs
- Gastrointestinal/urinary tracts
This bond produces several different euphoric effects, depending on which type of cannabis strain is consumed. Each cannabis strain has a range of effects all its own. Many marijuana strains are very similar as to some of the effects but no two strains are completely alike.
Unlike THC, CBD which is a nickname for cannabinoid. Does not bind to either of these receptors. This receptor links to your neurotransmitter serotonin, which contributes to your feeling of well-being.
CBD Hemp vs Marijuana CBD
When you choose CBD oil produced from hemp, you will only get minimal levels of THC (<0.3%), because hemp THC potency is 33 times less than the least potent cannabis strain.
CBD found in marijuana may or may not be legal, depending on where you live. If you decided to purchase products made from the marijuana plant, you may get varied levels of THC and CBD. This depends on the strain used and the manufacturer of the CBD.
So, if you are concerned about getting high, You may want to avoid products manufactured from marijuana if you do not want to get high. You can confirm the quantities of CBD and THC by requesting a third party lab report.
CBD manufactured from hemp will never get you high because hemp contains an irrelevant amount of THC to begin with.
Benefits of CBD
Although CBD oil cannot get you high, it is already commonly used to relieve a variety of medicinal benefits, including:
- Pain Relief
- Inflammation Relief
- Antipsychotic Effects
- Anxiety Reduction
- Fighting Cancer Cells
- Nausea Relief
- Seizure Relief
- Coping with Neurological Disorders
- Controlling Diabetes
- Cardiovascular Health Promotion
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and the National Institutes of Health have indicated in many of their reports, that additional CBD testing and research is necessary.
If you are looking for benefits of CBD products relief can be found in CBDfx’s variety of high quality CBD oils:
- The basic CBD Oil 300 mg offers one of the highest CBD potencies on the market and serves as a “top of the line” hemp oil. It carries delicious terpenes that naturally occur in CBDfx’s hemp oil.
- 100% organic CBD tincture, CBD Hemp + MCT Oil Tincture 30mL/500mg, has stepped up the game by combining hemp oil and MCT oil. This offers a dose of full spectrum CBD oil full of amino acids, terpenes, and cannabinoids. Not only that, but the MCT oil itself may promote a healthier metabolism by allowing you to absorb and retain the nutrients from your daily diet.
- The CBD Oil 120 mg offers high-end CBD with a natural, leafy, green tea flavor.
- Lastly, CBD Oil 60 mg serves as a great choice for those looking to experience a more subtle flavor.