Crete, NE — After receiving a great deal of interest from its Cannabis Certificate program, launched in November on DoaneX, Doane University will be unveiling seven new cannabis courses offered on ground and online to residential and non-residential students.
The three-credit courses, which will begin to be offered this fall through the School of Integrative Learning, include:
- History of Cannabis – Dr. Mark Orsag
- The Cannabis Industry – Dr. Andrea Holmes
- Agronomy of Hemp – Dr. Blake Colclasure
- The Biology of Hemp – Dr. Tessa Durham Brooks
- Medicinal Cannabis – Dr. Amanda McKinney and Prof. Andrea Holmes
- Cannabis Processing – Dr. Andrea Holmes
- Cannabis Testing Methods – Dr. Arin Sutlief and Dr. Andrea Holmes
These courses are instructor-led and contain more academic content than the self-paced, entry level online certificate courses on DoaneX. Experienced Doane faculty, with PhDs in chemistry, biology, agricultural education, and history, along with physicians who are certified in cannabis medicine, have built these eight-week courses, which will provide cutting-edge education in an industry that continues to grow at a rapid pace.
Dr. Andrea Holmes has been appointed as the Director of Cannabis Studies, School of Integrative Learning, to oversee the development of these courses. Dr. Holmes becomes Doane’s first faculty member to have a joint appointment as she is also Professor of Chemistry in the College of Arts & Sciences.