Marijuana, also referred to as Cannabis is most times used for its effects, physical and mental. It creates a change in perception and heightens one’s mood.
Cannabis is now tagged as a medicinal drug. Though, having it in your possession or for sale in some countries is tagged “illegal”, other countries have legalized it. Some of them are Germany, Spain, Australia, Canada and the United States of America.
The ACMPR (Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations) which replaced MMPR (Marijuana for Medical Purposes Regulations) discovered that only requiring individuals get their marijuana only from a licensed producer violated the rights protected by the law, Section 7 of the Canadian Charter Rights and Freedoms.
This program was created to solve that problem by;
- Ensuring the licences Cannabis producers responsible for the production and distribution of Cannabis is in good health condition (sanitary and secure);
- A limited amount of cannabis is produced for medical purposes;
- Accept and process applications to become a licensed producer still submitted under MMPR.
Thus, all licenses and security clearances that were given under MMPR will still be active.
New applicants would register under ACMPR and not MMPR.
HOW TO BECOME A LICENSED CANNABIS PRODUCER.
Before you can obtain an application form, you must have submitted a completely filled Security Clearance Application Form (SCA) and Security Clearance Fingerprint Third Pratt Consent to Release Personal Information Form too.
The application process are as follows;
- Intake and initial screening (assessment): This includes;
- Assessment of proposed business plan;
- Completion of the SCA form;
- Record keeping methods.
Once an application assessment is complete, an application number will be assigned to it.
- Review of Security Clearance Process.
- Issuance of licence for production. Before this can be done. Stage 1 and 2 must be completed. You might pop the question; “why is it taking too long to be cleared?” Being security conscious is one of the reasons. Every information must be scrutinized. Every detail must be examined and confirmed to be true before there is a level up.
- Inspection (at start of cultivation). This is done to ensure that the area of cultivation and clean and sanitized. A bad product can lead to bad results.
- Pre-sales inspection (first sale). Aren’t you proud to have scaled the first four stages? Now, this might not seem important but it is. Your first sale would determine if you can go on with production.
- Issuance of licence for distribution.If there is need for any new information affecting number 2 stage, applicants may be returned to stage 1. Also, note that an application may be refused at certain stages before a licence is given.
Changes to application may lead to an addition in processing time.
It is of great importance that the applicant provides a detailed and accurate information. Also, the entire application process may take more than a year to be completed.
If you follow these steps you may now begin to distribute medical marijuana products to registered clients.