Metlink announces significant upgrades for Strathmore Park and Wilton residents, including the introduction of bus Route 4, aiming to improve public transport reliability and reduce congestion in Wellington.
Metlink, the public transport authority for the Wellington region, has announced significant enhancements to public transport access for residents of Strathmore Park and Wilton. The introduction of bus Route 4 marks a significant milestone in the regional council’s efforts to restore trust in public transport, according to Greater Wellington Chair Daran Ponter.
Daran Ponter expressed enthusiasm for the additions, stating, “The addition of Route 4 is a really positive step forward after recent difficulties arising from COVID and driver shortages. It’s no secret that trust in public transport has been shaken, but we’ve been working hard to return reliability to the bus network. It’s great we’re now able to add services our passengers have been calling for that decongest our roads and reduce emissions.”
The enhancements include various service improvements across the Wellington region:
- The reinstatement of 54 weekend bus trips previously suspended due to driver shortages
- Extension of Route 20 to Wellington Railway Station
- Boosted Karori bus services with additional morning peak trips on routes 33, 34 and 2
- Addition of Route 35 morning peak trips for Hataitai and Mt Victoria passengers
- Increased peak frequency of Route 26 to every…