“I was cooking some stuff I shouldn’t have been,” the homeowner said to an officer, who noticed a butane torch through the blow-open door.
CRYSTAL, Minn — The explosion over the weekend was loud.
It blew the front door right off a small house, tucked into Perry Street in Crystal.
And as neighbors gathered, they speculated whether it could be related to some kind of gas leak because of another high-profile incident this year.
“You really don’t know when things like that are going to happen,” said neighbor Toni Herbst.
But a search warrant filed in Hennepin County reveals the suspected cause involves the homeowner attempting to extract THC oil from marijuana. He has not been charged with a crime.
The search warrant says an officer asked him what happened, and he said “I was cooking some stuff I shouldn’t have been.”
It also says officers could see a butane torch inside the blown open door.
The man was hospitalized with burns suffered in the explosion.
“I don’t think…