Toddlers Hospitalized After Eating Nerds Rope Candy Laced with MarijuanaPosted by On

HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. – Two toddlers, 16-months and three years old were hospitalized in November 2020 when they unwittingly ate Nerds Rope candy laced with marijuana.

Tyrone Jackson, their father, had locked them in a bedroom so he could smoke a cigarette outside. When he finished, he returned inside the mobile home to find they had eaten the candy. He transported them to the Brandon Healthplex of Tampa General Hospital, where they were in lethargic but stable condition. Another child witnessed the toddlers eating the marijuana-infused candy, which was located inside a dresser drawer.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office secured a felony search warrant for the home owned by the children’s mother, 24-year-old Maria Del Rosio Hernandez-Vasquez, in Tampa. The search warrant’s accompanying affidavit indicates Jackson admitted to not possessing a medical marijuana license and has no arrest record.

Hernandez-Vasquez was cited twice in 2019 to drive without a license and fail to appear at a court hearing. The Sheriff’s Office is investigating drug law violations and potential child neglect and could not comment on the case.

Candy companies’ lawsuits against producers who infuse marijuana into edibles are swelling.

Marijuana Business Daily published a report on November 13th, indicating Nerds candy manufacturer, Chicago-based Ferrara…

Original Author Link click here to read complete story..



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.