Two-year-old hospitalised after consuming cannabis cookie doughPosted by On


South Canterbury man Kyle Eddie White has admitted manufacturing cannabis cookie dough that was consumed by a 2-year-old child. (File photo)

John Bisset/Stuff

South Canterbury man Kyle Eddie White has admitted manufacturing cannabis cookie dough that was consumed by a 2-year-old child. (File photo)

A South Canterbury man has pleaded guilty to making cannabis cookie dough balls that were accidentally consumed by a 2-year-old, rendering the child unresponsive for 18 hours.

Kyle Eddie White, 28, appeared before Judge Joanna Maze at the Timaru District Court on Tuesday.

He pleaded guilty to a charge of manufacturing a class B drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act.

According to the police summary of facts, White made the cookie dough balls at the home where he was living with a female associate and her three children, on or about October 7, 2020.

“White used a slow cooker to make cannabis leaf into cannabis butter, which he then used to bake chocolate-covered cookie dough balls,” the summary says.

When he had finished making the cookie dough balls, he placed them into the fridge in a plastic lunchbox container.

“The following day the 2-year-old took the container from the fridge and ate an unknown quantity of the cookie dough balls.”

The child was subsequently rendered unconscious due to the effects of the cannabis and was admitted to hospital where they “remained in a completely unresponsive state for 18 hours”.

After 48 hours, the child was discharged. But they had to be taken back to hospital the following day because of “vomiting from the effects of the drugs”.

Blood tests confirmed that the child…

Original Author Link click here to read complete story..

South Canterbury man Kyle Eddie White has admitted manufacturing cannabis cookie dough that was consumed by a 2-year-old child. (File photo)

John Bisset/Stuff

South Canterbury man Kyle Eddie White has admitted manufacturing cannabis cookie dough that was consumed by a 2-year-old child. (File photo)

A South Canterbury man has pleaded guilty to making cannabis cookie dough balls that were accidentally consumed by a 2-year-old, rendering the child unresponsive for 18 hours.

Kyle Eddie White, 28, appeared before Judge Joanna Maze at the Timaru District Court on Tuesday.

He pleaded guilty to a charge of manufacturing a class B drug under the Misuse of Drugs Act.

According to the police summary of facts, White made the cookie dough balls at the home where he was living with a female associate and her three children, on or about October 7, 2020.

“White used a slow cooker to make cannabis leaf into cannabis butter, which he then used to bake chocolate-covered cookie dough balls,” the summary says.

When he had finished making the cookie dough balls, he placed them into the fridge in a plastic lunchbox container.

“The following day the 2-year-old took the container from the fridge and ate an unknown quantity of the cookie dough balls.”

The child was subsequently rendered unconscious due to the effects of the cannabis and was admitted to hospital where they “remained in a completely unresponsive state for 18 hours”.

After 48 hours, the child was discharged. But they had to be taken back to hospital the following day because of “vomiting from the effects of the drugs”.

Blood tests confirmed that the child…



Source link

News

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.